- •Radial nerve palsy is frequently encountered in hand therapy practice and typically require orthotic management.
- •There is a consistent debate over the optimal orthotic for radial nerve palsy. The author...s proposed design is to create a two-part orthotic that is simple to manage and don/doff.
- •The authors outline how to fabricate this orthosis and patients that may benefit from its use.
- •We have found that patients appreciate the simple construction and report satisfaction with this design.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Therapy
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Radial nerve palsy.EFORT Open Rev. 2016; 1: 286-294
- Injury of the radial nerve in the arm: a review.Cureus. 2018; 10e2199
- Radial nerve palsy associated with fractures of the shaft of the humerus: a systematic review.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2005; 87: 1647-1652
- Splinting and radial nerve palsy: a single-subject experiment.J Hand Ther. 2001; 14: 195-201
- Analyzing the functional effects of dynamic and static splints after radial nerve injury.Hand Surg Rehabilit. 2020; 39: 564-567
- Tenodesis extension splinting for radial nerve palsy.Tech Hand Up Extrem Surg. 2006; 10: 162-165
- Low profile radial nerve palsy orthosis with radial and ulnar deviation.J Hand Ther. 2015; 28: 421-424
- Customized dynamic splinting: orthoses that promote optimal function and recovery after radial nerve injury: a case report.J Hand Ther. 2007; 20: 73-88
- Factors that influence the duration of splint wear in peripheral nerve lesions.Am J Phys MedRehabilit. 2003; 82: 86-95
- Splint satisfaction in the treatment of traumatic radial nerve injuries.Prosthet Orthot Int. 2003; 27: 139-145
Published online: March 11, 2023
Accepted: September 28, 2022
Received: July 15, 2022
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Conflict of interest: None.
Published by Elsevier Inc.