- •A standardized illustrated manual in Portuguese was provided.
- •The Brazilian version of the Jebsen Taylor Hand Function test is reliable.
- •Normative values for a Brazilian sample are now available for further comparison, both in clinical practice and research.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cross-cultural adaptation and validation of the jebsen-taylor hand function test in an Italian population.Rehab Res Pract Italy. 2016; 20168970917https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/8970917
J. Yong, J.C. MacDermid, T. Packham, et al., Performance-based outcome measures of dexterity and hand function in person with hands and wrist injuries: a scoping review of measured constructs, J Hand Ther, doi:10.1016/j.jht.2021.04.017.
- Recovery, age, and gender effects on hand dexterity after a distal radius fracture. A 1-year prospective cohort study.J Hand Ther. 2018; 31 (Epub 2017 Oct 15. PMID: 29042160): 465-471https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jht.2017.08.002
- Functional tests for dexterity.in: Skirven TM Osterman AL Fedorczyk JM Amadio PC Feldscher SB Shin EK Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity. 7th ed. Elsevier, Philadelphia2020
- An objective and standardized test of hand function.Arch Phys Med Rehab. 1969; 50: 311-319
- Efficacy of a child-friendly form of constraint-induced movement therapy in hemiplegic cerebral palsy: a randomized control trial.Dev Med Child Neurol. 2006; 48: 635-642https://doi.org/10.1017/S0012162206001356
- A randomized, controlled trial of distal radius fractures with metaphyseal displacement but without joint incongruity: closed reduction and casting versus closed reduction, spanning external fixation, and optional percutaneous K-wires.J OrthopaedTrauma. 2006; 20: 115-121https://doi.org/10.1097/01.bot.0000199121.84100.fb
- Usefulness of hand rehabilitation after carpal tunnel surgery.Muscle Nerve. 2000; 23 (10.1002/(SICI)1097-4598(200002)23:2%3C211::AID-MUS11%3E3.0.CO;2-J): 211-216
- Validity and reliability of the Functional Dexterity Test in children.J Hand Ther. 2017; 30 (Epub 2016 Nov 15. PMID: 27863735): 500-506https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jht.2016.08.002
- Predicting hand function in older adults: evaluations of grip strength, arm curl strength, and manual dexterity.Aging Clin Exp Res. 2017; 29: 753-760https://doi.org/10.1007/s40520-016-0628-0
- Use of Jebsen Taylor Hand Function Test in evaluating the hand dexterity in people with Parkinson's disease.J Hand Ther. 2015; 28 (Oct-Decquiz 395. Epub 2015 May 18. PMID: 26227308): 389-394https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jht.2015.05.002
- Psychometric properties of the Portuguese version of the Jebsen-Taylor test for adults with mild hemiparesis.Revista Brasileira de Fisioterapia. 2010; 14: 377-382https://doi.org/10.1590/S1413-35552010005000018
- Hand function related to age and sex.Iran Rehabil J. 2008; 6: 10-15
- Establishing Australian norms for the Jebsen-Taylor test of hand function in typically developing children aged five to 10 years: a pilot study.Phys Occup Ther Pediatr. 2016; 36: 88-109https://doi.org/10.3109/01942638.2015.1040571
- Hand Function Test − how useful it is for Indian population?.J Hand Ther. 2010; 23: 8-16https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jht.2010.09.020
- Jebsen Taylor Hand Function test: gender, dominance, and age differences in healthy Egyptian population.Res Gate. 2018; 23: 85-93https://doi.org/10.4103/bfpt.bfpt_11_18
- Reliability of measurement. In: the design and analysis of clinical experiments.john wiley & sons, New York, NY1986: 1-32https://doi.org/10.1002/bimj.4710300308
- Being inconsistent about consistency: when coefficient alpha does and doesn´t matter.J Personal Assess. 2003; 80: 217-222https://doi.org/10.1002/bimj.4710300308
- Evaluation of intra- and inter-rater reliability and concurrent validity of the Italian version of the Jebsen–Taylor Hand Function Test in adults with rheumatoid arthritis.Hand Ther. 2019; 24175899831984355https://doi.org/10.1177/1758998319843554
- Investigation of reliability, validity, and cutoff value of the Jebsen-Taylor Hand Function Test.J Hand Ther. 2020; 7 (S0894-1130(20)30024-7Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32156578)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jht.2020.01.004
- The Hong Kong Chinese version of the Jebsen hand function test: inter-rater and test-retest reliabilities.Hong Kong J Occup Ther. 2004; 14: 12e20https://doi.org/10.1016/S1569-1861(09)70024-5
- Investigation of reliability, validity, and cutoff value of the Jebsen-Taylor Hand Function Test.J Hand Ther. 2020; 7 (S0894-1130(20)30024-7)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jht.2020.01.004