Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Therapy
- Nathalie Barr.J Hand Ther. 1993; 6: 240-241
- Natalie Barr occupational therapist an appreciation.J Hand Surg. 1993; 18: 671
Mehrotra A, Chernew M, Linetsky D, Hatch H, Cutler D. The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on outpatient visits: practices are adapting to the new normal. Common Wealth Fund, 2020. Available at: https://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/2020/jun/impact-covid-19-pandemic-outpatient-visits-practices-adapting-new-normal. Accessed October 3, 2020.
CMS. National Health Expenditure Fact Sheet. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/NationalHealthExpendData. Accessed October 3, 2020.
CMS. 42 CFR parts 410, 414, 415, 423, 424, and 425. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/files/document/cms-1734-p-pdf.pdf. Accessed October 13, 2020.
CMS. Merit-based incentive payment system. U.S Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; 2020. Available at: https://qpp.cms.gov/. Accessed October 4, 2020.
- The reconstruction aides.Am J Occup Ther. 1992; 46: 38-43
Keller, J, Henderson, J, Landrieu, K, Dimick, M, Walsh, M. The 2019 practice analysis of hand therapy and the use of orthoses by certified hand therapists. J Hand Ther. 2021 Apr 15;S0894-1130(21)00055-7. doi:10.1016/j.jht.2021.04.008. Online ahead of print.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: 1968-69 Edition.U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington D.C.1968 (Available at:)Accessed October 3, 2020)
US Congress. Balanced Budget Act of 1997. H.R. 20151997. Available at: https://www.congress.gov/bill/105th-congress/house-bill/2015. Accessed October 10, 2020.
US Congress. American Health Care Act of 2017. H.R.1628 2017. Available at: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/1628. Accessed October 10, 2020.
US Congress. Medicare Orthotics and Prosthetics Improvement Act of 2017. H.R.2599 2017. Available at: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/2599/all-info.
United States Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Outlook Handbook, Physical Therapists. Available at: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/physical-therapists.htm. Accessed October 23, 2020. Accessed October 10, 2020.
United States Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Outlook Handbook, Occupational Therapists. Available at: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/occupational-therapists.htm. Accessed October 23, 2020.
- Welcome to our world of hand therapy… dare to make waves, dare to adapt!.J Hand Ther. 2013; 26: 172-174
- Navigating rough seas: promoting the distinct value of occupational therapy in uncertain times.in: Annual Conference of the Illinois Occupational Therapy Association, Bloomington, IL2017
- Evolutionary Biology: Volume 2.Springer, Boston, MA1968
Random House Dictionary. Adaptation. Available at: https://www.wordreference.com/definition/adaptation. Accessed October 28, 2020.
- Six principles to enhance health workforce flexibility.Hum Resourc Health. 2015; 13: 9
Brinkley RW. Leading change with grit and resiliency. Healthc Exec.;31:84-85.
CMS. Alternative payment models. Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services; 2020. Available at: https://qpp.cms.gov/. Accessed October 28, 2020.
APTA. Merit-based incentive program. Available at: https://www.apta.org/your-practice/payment/value-based-payment-models/quality-payment-program/merit-based-incentive-program. Accessed October 24, 2020.
AOTA. Quality payment program (QPP) merit-based incentive payment system (MIPS) overview. Available at: https://www.aota.org/Practice/Manage/value/QPP-MIPS-Overview.aspx. Accessed October 28, 2020.
CMS. The quality payment program. Available at: https://qpp.cms.gov/. Accessed October 6, 2020.
- OT Medicare Part B Evaluation Checklist & Quality Measures. 2020. American Occupational Therapy Association,
2020 (Available at:)https://www.aota.org/~/media/Corporate/Files/Practice/Manage/value/Medicare-Part-B-Eval-Checklist.pdf(Accessed October 6, 2020)
- Quality Toolkit. 2020. American Occupational Therapy Association, 2020 (Available at:)Accessed October 6, 2020)
- High risk of hip and spinal fractures after distal radius fracture: a longitudinal follow-up study using a national sample cohort.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2021; 18: 7391
Ward, W. n.d. William Arthur Ward Quotes (Author of Fountains of faith;). [online] Goodreads.com. Available at: https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/416931.William_Arthur_Ward [Accessed 12 August 2022].
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Conflicts of interest: The author has no conflicts of interest.
Funding declaration: Dr McGee is currently funded by the National Institutes of Health's National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (UL1TR002494, PI: Blazar, KL2TR002492, PI: Ingbar) and the National Heart Lung, Blood Institute (OT2HL16847-01, Parent: NYU). The content within this lecture is solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.