- •Hand therapy clinical educators desire students with strong interpersonal skills.
- •Hand therapy clinical educators want students to be honest about what they know.
- •Hand therapy clinical educators want students to be willing to self-study.
- •Professional behaviors, clinical reasoning skills, and cultural competence are desired characteristics.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Differentiating fieldwork settings: Matching student characteristics to demands.Occup Ther Health Care. 2018; 32: 216-229https://doi.org/10.1080/07380577.2018.1491084
- Brief report—national survey of fieldwork educators: Implications for occupational therapy education.AJOT. 2015; 696912350020https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.2015.019265
- The perspectives of fieldwork educators regarding level II fieldwork students.Occup Ther Health Care. 2011; 25: 164-177
- A descriptive study on level II fieldwork supervision in hospital settings.Occup Ther Health Care. 2010; 24 (DOI: 10.3109/07380577.2010.502211): 335-347
- Assessing the need for change in clinical education practices.Phys Ther. 2002; 82: 160-172https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/82.2.160
- Helping medical learners recognize and manage unconscious bias toward certain patient groups.Med Educ. 2012; 46: 80-88
- Commonalities in level II fieldwork failure.Occup Ther Health Care. 2006; 19: 67-81https://doi.org/10.1080/J003v19n04_05
- Physical therapist student difficulties in clinical education settings: Incidence and outcomes.J Phys Ther Educ. 2018; 32: 175-182https://doi.org/10.1097/JTE.0000000000000046
- Barriers and solutions to fieldwork in hand therapy.J Hand Ther. 2018; 31: 308-314https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jht.2017.05.013
- Focus groups: A practical guide for applied research.4th ed. Sage Publications Inc, 2000
- The perspectives of fieldwork educators regarding level II fieldwork students.Occup Ther Health Care. 2011; 25: 164-177https://doi.org/10.3109/07380577.2011.561420
- The successful fieldwork student: Supervisor perceptions.AJOT. 1994; 48: 817-823https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.48.9.817
- Fieldwork educators’ perspectives: Professional behavior attributes of level II fieldwork students.OJOT. 2015; 3: 1-13https://doi.org/10.15453/2168-6408.1146
- Behaviors that cause clinical instructors to question the clinical competence of physical therapist students.Phys Ther. 1999; 79: 653-667https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/79.7.653
- Student Level II fieldwork failure: Strategies for intervention.AJOT. 1998; 52: 143-149
- Factors influencing student decision making for clinical site selection.J Allied Health. 2007; 36: e125-e141
- Supervisor and student expectations of level II fieldwork.Occup Ther Health Care. 2004; 18: 5-19
- National survey of fieldwork educators: Implications for occupational therapy education.AJOT. 2015; 696912350020https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.2015.019265
- ASHT Manual for Clinical Educators.The American Society of Hand Therapists, 2019