- •For children (age 6-18) the greatest proportion of their treatment priorities align with specific aspects of hand and arm use (ICF chapter d445).
- •Participation in sports and fitness, performing arts, and play are of greater priority that participation in self-care for the population.
- •The body functions priorities for the population include: pain, joint mobility and strength.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Valdes K, MacDermid J, Algar L, et al. Hand therapist use of patient report outcome (PRO) in practice: a survey study. 2014;27(4):299-308.
Beaton DE, Wright JG, Katz JN. Development of the QuickDASH: comparison of three item-reduction approaches. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005;87(5):1038-46. doi:10.2106/jbjs.D.02060
- Patient rating of wrist pain and disability: a reliable and valid measurement tool.J Orthop Trauma. 1998; 12: 577-586
- The POSNA pediatric musculoskeletal functional health questionnaire: report on reliability, validity, and sensitivity to change.J Pediatr Orthop. 1998; 18: 561-571
- Construction of the eight-item patient-reported outcomes measurement information system pediatric physical function scales: built using item response theory.J Clin Epidemiol. 2011; 64: 794-804https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclinepi.2010.10.012
- Internal consistency and validity of the QuickDASH instrument for upper extremity injuries in older children.J Pediatr Orthop. 2013; 33: 838-842
- Convergent validity of PODCI and PROMIS domains in congenital upper limb anomalies.J Hand Surg. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhsa.2019.08.003
- A psychometric comparison of patient-reported outcome measures used in pediatric hand therapy.J Hand Ther. 2019;
- The canadian occupational performance measure: an outcome measure for occupational therapy.Can J Occup Ther. 1990; 57: 82-87
- Descriptive analysis of common functional limitations identified by patients with shoulder pain.J Sport Rehabil. 2015; 24 (10-1123/jsr.2013-0147): 179-188
- International classification of impairments, disabilities, and handicaps: a manual of classification relating to the consequences of disease, published in accordance with resolution WHA29.in: 35 of the Twenty-ninth World Health Assembly, May 1976. 1980
- The international classification of functioning disability and health: its development process and content validity.Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2008; 44: 303-313
- Linking health-status measurements to the international classification of functioning, disability and health.J Rehabil Med. 2002; 34: 205-210
- Refinements of the ICF Linking Rules to strengthen their potential for establishing comparability of health information.Disabil Rehabil. 2019; 41: 574-583
- ICF linking rules: an update based on lessons learned.J Rehabil Med. 2005; 37: 212-218https://doi.org/10.1080/16501970510040263
- Pilot testing of the canadian occupational performance measure: clinical and measurement issues.Can J Occup Ther. 1994; 61: 191-197
- The reproducibility of the canadian occupational performance measure.Clin Rehabil. 2005; 19: 888-894
- The reproducibility and validity of the Canadian Occupational Performance Measure in parents of children with disabilities.Clin Rehabil. 2006; 20: 980-988
- Validity of the canadian occupational performance measure: a client-centred outcome measurement.Clin Rehabil. 2004; 18: 660-667
- Outcomes in hand rehabilitation using occupational therapy services.Am J Occup Ther. 2003; 57: 499-506
- Descriptive analysis of common functional limitations identified by patients with shoulder pain.J Sport Rehabil. 2015; 24: 179-188
- Linking the disabilities of arm, shoulder, and hand to the international classification of functioning, disability, and health.J Hand Ther. 2007; 20: 336-344
- The measurement of observer agreement for categorical data.Biometrics. 1977; : 159-174
- High agreement but low kappa: II. Resolving the paradoxes.J Clin Epidemiol. 1990; 43: 551-558
- High agreement but low kappa: I. The problems of two paradoxes.J Clin Epidemiol. 1990; 43: 543-549
Cunningham M. More than just the kappa coefficient: a program to fully characterize inter-rater reliability between two raters. 2009:242.
- Perceived efficacy and goal setting in young children.Can J Occup Ther. 2000; 67: 101-109
- A comparison of goal attainment scaling and the Canadian Occupational Performance Measure for paediatric rehabilitation research.Pediatr Rehabil. 2006; 9: 149-157
- Elbow arthroscopy in children and adolescents: analysis of outcome and complications.Eur J Med Res. 2018; 23: 42https://doi.org/10.1186/s40001-018-0338-5
Rinat B, Dujovny E, Bor N, Rozen N, Rubin G. Can a linear external fixator stand as a surgical alternative to open reduction in treating a high-grade supracondylar humerus fracture? J Int Med Res. 2019;47(1):133-141. doi:10.1177/0300060518797022
- Functional outcome of displaced radial head fractures in children treated by elastic stable intramedullary nailing.J Pediatr Orthop. 2018; 27: 296-303https://doi.org/10.1097/bpb.0000000000000502
- Age does not affect the outcome after digital nerve repair in children - A retrospective long term follow up.J Orthop Sci. 2017; 22: 915-918https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jos.2017.06.012
- Fracture classification does not predict functional outcomes in supracondylar humerus fractures: a prospective study.J Pediatr Orthop. 2017; 37: e233-e237https://doi.org/10.1097/bpo.0000000000000889
- Functional outcome of displaced intercondylar fractures of the humerus in children and adolescents.J Pediatr Orthop. 2018; 27: 121-127
- Evaluation of upper extremity function of displaced diaphyseal humeral fractures in children treated by elastic stable intramedullary nailing: preliminary results.J Pediatr Orthop. 2016; 25: 399-405
- Treatment strategy and long-term functional outcome of traumatic elbow dislocation in childhood: a single centre study.J Child Orthop. 2018; 12: 129-135
- Long-term results of elastic-stable intramedullary nailing (ESIN) of diaphyseal forearm fractures in children.Medicine. 2019; 98
- Outcome following excision of the radial head in children with open physes for impaired elbow motion.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2019; 28: 525-529
Okoroafor UC, Gerull W, Wright M, Guattery J, Sandvall B, Calfee RP. The impact of social deprivation on pediatric PROMIS health scores after upper extremity fracture. J Hand Surg. 2018;43(10):897-902. doi:10.1016/j.jhsa.2018.06.119
- Performance of pediatric PROMIS CATs in children with upper extremity fractures.Hand. 2018; 1558944718793195
- Outcomes of operative treatment of triangular fibrocartilage tears in pediatric and adolescent athletes.J Pediatr Orthop. 2018; 38: e618-e622https://doi.org/10.1097/bpo.0000000000001243
- Outcomes after primary repair and staged reconstruction of zone I and II flexor tendon injuries in children.J Pediatr Orthop. 2019; 39: 263-267
- Report on the international ICF consensus conference on the ICF core sets for hand conditions.Hand Ther. 2010; 15: 73-76
- Validation of the brief international classification of functioning, disability, and health (ICF) core set for hand conditions.J Hand Ther. 2012; 25: 274-287
- Linking of the patient rated elbow evaluation (PREE) and the american shoulder and elbow surgeons - elbow questionnaire (pASES-e) to the international classification of functioning disability and health (ICF) and hand core sets.J Hand Ther. 2015; 28 (quiz 68): 61-67https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jht.2014.10.002
- Outcome evaluation in patients with elbow pathology: issues in instrument development and evaluation.J Hand Ther. 2001; 14: 105-114
- A standardized method for assessment of elbow function.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 1999; 8: 351-354
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Conflict of interest: None.