- •The instruments developed for traumatic brachial plexus injuries were Brachial Assessment Tool and Impact of Brachial Plexus Injury Questionnaire.
- •The questionnaires’ items are mostly related to activities and participation.
- •Environmental factors were poorly addressed on the questionnaires’ items.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Therapy
- Lesões do Plexo Braquial, A utilização da fisioterapia no tratamento.Ensaios e Ciência: Ciências Biológicas, Agrárias e da Saúde. 2015; 16 (Available at:): 185-197http://www.redalyc.org/articulo.oa?id=26032923016Date accessed: July 17, 2020
- Psychosocial outcomes and coping after complete avulsion traumatic brachial plexus injury.Disabil Rehabil. 2015; 37: 135-143https://doi.org/10.3109/09638288.2014.911971
De Moraes FB, Kwae MY, Da Silva RP, Porto CC, Magalhães DDP, Paulino MV. Aspectos clínicos de pacientes com lesão traumática do plexo braquial após tratamento cirúrgico. Rev Bras Ortop. 2015;50(5):556–561. doi:10.1016/j.rbo.2015.04.006.
- Comparison of nerve transfers and nerve grafting for traumatic upper plexus palsy: a systematic review and analysis.J Bone Joint Surg-Am. 2011; 93: 819-829https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.I.01602
- Upper brachial plexus injury in adults: comparative effectiveness of different repair techniques.J Neurosurg. 2015; 122: 195-201https://doi.org/10.3171/2014.9.JNS132823
- Measuring outcomes in adult brachial plexus reconstruction.Hand Clin. 2008; 24: 401-415https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hcl.2008.04.001
- A systematic review of outcomes reporting for brachial plexus reconstruction.J Hand Surg Am. 2015; 40: 308-313https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhsa.2014.10.033
- Evaluation of functional outcomes after brachial plexus injury.J Hand Surg Eur. 2020; 45: 28-33https://doi.org/10.1177/1753193419879645
- WHO. World Health Organization. International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health (ICF).Geneva, 2001
- Developing core sets for patients with obstetric brachial plexus injury based on the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health.Bone Joint Res. 2013; 2: 116-121https://doi.org/10.1302/2046-3758.26.2000153
- Biopsychosocial model in health care: reflections in the production of functioning and disability data.Fisioter em Mov. 2020; 33https://doi.org/10.1590/1980-5918.033.ao21
- Getting the Most out of PROMS: Putting Health Outcomes at the Heart of NHS Decision-Making.The Kings Fund, London2010
- Patient-reported outcome measures (PROMs): how should I interpret reports of measurement properties? A practical guide for clinicians and researchers who are not biostatisticians.Br J Sports Med. 2014; 48: 792-796https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsports-2012-091704
- Linking of assessment scales for women with urinary incontinence and the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health.Disabil Rehabil. 2019; 41: 1443-1449https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2018.1431695
- Common content between quality of life questionnaires for children with cystic fibrosis and the international classification of functioning, disability and health.J Rehabil Med. 2019; 51: 582-586https://doi.org/10.2340/16501977-2571
- Clinimetric evaluation of questionnaires used to assess activity after traumatic brachial plexus injury in adults: a systematic review.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2011; 92: 2082-2089https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2011.07.188
- Development of an Upper Extremity Outcome Measure: The DASH (Disabilities of the Arm, Shoulder and Head).Am J Ind Med. 1996; 29: 602-608
- Do existing patient-report activity outcome measures accurately reflect day-to-day arm use following adult traumatic brachial plexus injury?.J Rehabil Med. 2015; 47: 438-444https://doi.org/10.2340/16501977-1950
- Refinements of the ICF linking rules to strengthen their potential for establishing comparability of health information.Disabil Rehabil. 2016; 41: 574-583https://doi.org/10.3109/09638288.2016.1145258
- Linking health-status measurements to the international classification of functioning, disability and health.J Rehabil Med. 2002; 34: 205-210https://doi.org/10.1080/165019702760279189
- ICF linking rules: an update based on lessons learned.J Rehabil Med. 2005; 37: 212-218https://doi.org/10.1080/16501970510040263
- Applying the WHO ICF framework to the outcome measures used in the evaluation of long-term clinical outcomes in coronavirus outbreaks.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2020; 17: 6476https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17186476
- Linking the effect of psoriatic arthritis- related foot involvement to the Leeds Foot Impact Scale using the International Classification for Functioning, Disability and Health: a study to assess content validity.J Foot Ankle Res. 2020; 0: 1-10
- Identificação de Conceitos da Classificação Internacional de Funcionalidade, Incapacidade e Saúde em Medidas de Qualidade de Vida para o Câncer do Colo do Útero.Revista Brasileira de Cancerologia. 2018; 64: 509-516
- Interrater reliability: the kappa statistic.Biochem Med. 2012; 22: 276-282
- Psychometric evaluation of the brachial assessment tool part 1: reproducibility.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2018; 99: 629-634https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2017.10.015
- Development of a questionnaire to measure impact and outcomes of brachial plexus injury.J Bone Jt Surg - Am. 2018; 100: e14https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.17.00497
- Preliminary psychometric evaluation of the brachial assessment tool part 2: construct validity and responsiveness.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2018; 99: 736-742https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2017.11.004
- Evaluation of internal construct validity and unidimensionality of the brachial assessment tool, a patient-reported outcome measure for brachial plexus injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2016; 97: 2146-2156https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2016.06.021
Hill B, Pallant AJ, Williams AG. Brachial Assessment Tool (BrAT) for adults with brachial plexus injuries: User manual. PhD thesis. Griffith University. Australia, 2019.
- Compensation by the uninjured arm after brachial plexus injury.Hand. 2016; 11: 410-415https://doi.org/10.1177/1558944715627635
- The level and influencing factors of quality of life in patients with brachial plexus injury.Int J Nurs Sci. 2014; 1: 171-175https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnss.2014.05.012
- Linking hand therapy outcome measures used after carpal tunnelrelease to the International Classification of Functioning, Disabilityand Health: a systematic review.J Hand Ther. 2018; 1https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jht.2018.02.006
Povlak S, Valdes K. Linking ICF components to outcome measures for hand osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis: A systematic review. J Hand Ther. 2020;1(8).
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Conflict of interest: None