Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Therapy
- Old principles revisited - traction splinting for closed proximal phalangeal fractures.Injury. 2002; 33: 235-237
- James traction splinting for PIP fractures.J Hand Ther. 2008; 21: 209-215
- Management of proximal phalangeal fractures of the hand using finger nail traction and a digital splint: A prospective study of 43 cases.Clin Orthop Surg. 2012; : 156-162
- Swing design dynamic traction splinting for the treatment of intra-articular fractures of the digits.J Hand Ther. 2006; 19: 39-42
- Lessons learned from the management of complex intra-articular fractures at the base of the middle phalanges of fingers.J Hand Surg (Br). 2003; 28: 559-565
- Dynamic traction and early passive movement for fractures of the proximal interphalangeal joint.J Hand Surg. 1986; 11A: 850-858
- The conservative management of fractures of the shafts of the phalanges of the fingers by combined traction-splintage.J Hand Surg (Br). 1984; 9: 303-306
- An alternative management approach to the treatment of complex phalangeal fractures: the Poole finger traction splint.Ezine, IFSSH. 2020; 10: 36-39
JHT Read for Credit
Quiz: # 916
- # 1.Proper Fx reduction is determined by
- b.the CHT
- c.the surgeon
- # 2.The distal edge of the palmar platform
- a.is padded for comfort
- b.is 4 inches from its proximal edge
- c.rests at the distal palmar crease
- d.rests at the thenar eminence
- # 3.Ideally the MP is positioned in
- a.90° flexion
- b.60° flexion
- c.30° flexion
- # 4.Traction is applied by pulling on the adhesive which is made of
- a.carbon dioxide
- b.zinc oxide
- c.athletic tape
- # 5.The orthosis is worn for 3 weeks
Declaration of conflicting interests: The authors declared no potential conflicts of interest with respect to the research, authorship, and/or publication of this article
Funding: The author(s) received no financial support for the research, authorship, and/or publication of this article.
Ethical approval: Not applicable.
Informed consent declaration: Not applicable.