- -First case report with 7 year follow-up for osseointegrated rehabilitation with a proximal transhumeral amputation in Chile.
- -Osseointegrated rehabilitation of amputee allows more tolerance in prosthesis use for daily routine in this case report.
- -In 7 years, follow-up after discharge in a proximal transhumeral amputation registrated better functional outcomes in this case report.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- (v1.)https://www.achs.cl/portal/centro-de-noticias/Documents/ordinario-4028.pdfDate: 2019Date accessed: December 16, 2019
- (v1.)https://www.achs.cl/portal/ACHS-Corporativo/MediosACHS/Paginas/El-desafio-de-prevenir-amputaciones-por-accidente-laboral.aspxDate: 2017Date accessed: December 16, 2019
Occupational therapy Practice Framework: Domain & process 3rd Edition the American Journal of occupational therapy S25 Copyright © 2014 by the American occupational therapy association
- A survey on activities of daily Living and Occupations of upper extremity amputees.Ann Rehabilitation Med. 2011; 35: 907-921
- Upper limb prosthesis use and abandonment: a survey of the last 25 years.Prosthetics Orthot Int. 2007; 31: 236-257
- Literature Review on needs of upper limb prosthesis Users.Front Neurosci. 2016; 10: 209
- Técnica y protocolo de osteointegración: aplicación en pacientes amputados.Rehabil Integral. 2012; 7: 40-45
- Osseoperception and osseointegrated prosthetics limbs.in: Gallagher P. Desmond D. Mac Lachlan M. Psychoprostetics. Springer, London2008: 131-140
- Comparison of prosthetic costs and service between osseointegrated and conventional suspended transfemoral prostheses.Prosthet Orthot Int. 2013; 37: 152-160
- Evaluación de calidad de vida en amputados transfemorales con anclaje protésico osteointegrado.Rehabil Integral. 2012; 7: 17-23
- OI amputation prostheses on the upper limb: method, prosthetics and rehabilitation.Prosthetics Ortothics Int. 2011; 35: 190-200
JHT Read for Credit
Quiz: # 683
- # 1.Common problems with a traditional prosthesis following proximal transhumeral amputation are
- a.difficulty in distal control
- b.restricted shoulder elevation
- c.skin intolerance
- d.all of the above
- # 2.The design of the study was
- b.case series
- c.case report
- d.prospective cohort
- # 3.The patient
- a.had had previous experience with wearing a traditional prosthesis
- b.was given an osteointegrated prosthesis as an initial prosthesis
- c.was provided with both a traditional prosthesis and an osteointegrated prosthesis for comparison during his initial rehabilitation
- d.resisted any type of prosthesis for 7 years after his amputation
- # 4.The most worrisome concern following the surgical implant is
- a.bone necrosis at the distal stump
- b.skin and flap perfusion
- c.painful neuroma formation
- d.biological rejection of the implant
- # 5.Scores on all the important outcome measures showed improvement with the osteointegrated prosthesis
- a.not true
Conflict of interest: The authors declare that they have no known competing financial interests or personal relationships that could have appeared to influence the work reported in this article.